Battery Charge Time
2021-07-27 14:07:16 Pageview: 1104
Rechargeable battery has a battery charge time issue, as Ni-MH battery, Ni-CD battery and Lithium Battery etc. rechargeable battery replace for primary battery in the new field application, it’s necessary for us to know battery charge time.
For the market, there is constant current charger, that means charge current is always input current signed on the charger, since battery itself has some reverse for charge current, so according to different battery capacity and charge current relationship, reasonable battery charge time should follow as below, Battery capacity could check from battery outside mark.
Charge current could check from charger marked input current.
1. Charge current below 5% of battery capacity, battery charge time (H)=battery capacity (mAh)*1.6/charge current(mA);
2. Charge current above 5%, below 10% of battery capacity, battery charge time (H)=battery capacity (mAh)*1.5/charge current(mA);
3. Charge current above 10%, below 15% of battery capacity, battery charge time (H)=battery capacity (mAh)*1.3/charge current(mA);
4. Charge current above 15%, below 20% of battery capacity, battery charge time (H)=battery capacity (mAh)*1.2/charge current(mA);
5. Charge current above 20%, battery charge time (H)=battery capacity (mAh)*1.1/charge current(mA).
And there is a rapid charger, since there are heat when fast charger using high current discharge, and also for prevent from over charge affect, so usual fast charger set up control electricity circuit or IC chip to control battery charge time, when battery near to fully charged, control circuit will auto transfer to small current charge module, that do not worry about over charge, as well as the battery charge time.